Anne Cucchissi-Brandon – Your Writing Coach
- Business Owner & Entrepreneur
- Strategic Marketer and Advisor to business owners and top level executives by first understanding my client’s services, shaping the messaging for the desired audience and then selecting the target audience.
- College Selection, Test Preparation
- Career Development Consultant
- A.B. in English from Vassar College
- Studied at Oxford University in Oxford, England
- Interned in British Primary Schools
- Provisional Teaching Certificate in Secondary School English
- For over 35 years, successfully used Simply Writing Well process in worlds of business and education.
- Ideas became a reality in business
- 75% of Clients renewed because the messages created and delivered to their desired audience resulted in sales.
- Due to clear, concise messaging created with the Simply Writing Well Process, clients acquired more knowledge of their market and learned to shape their message to receive the desired market response efficiently.
- Ideas became a reality in education
- 80% of college selection students were admitted to their first choice university.
- C students became A students in English due to writing process.
- Banking Brokerage
- Certified Financial Planning
- Colleges & Universities
- Technology & Telecommunications
- Web Design & SEO Marketing
I am a teacher at heart. Teaching and coaching are my passion.
My career experience encompasses the worlds of education and business. From leading two centers in test preparation, college selection, and career development, to consulting in marketing, sales and entrepreneurship in multiple industries, I have been a student of the marketplace, always.
Like a sponge, I choose to absorb all that surrounds me so I can use my acquired knowledge to teach, coach and help others. I have encouraged the teams I have led, as well as those in which I have collaborated, to do the same. I love to learn and to surround myself with people who love to learn as well.
My foundation is a classical education from Vassar College. I have earned a Bachelor’s degree in English and a Provisional Teaching Certification in Secondary School Education English. Also, I have had the opportunity, while in college, to study at Oxford University and to intern in the British Primary Schools. Unfortunately, there were no teaching jobs available upon graduation, so, with college loans to pay, I entered the world of business.
Throughout my career in both education and business, I have turned everything I have done into a teaching or coaching opportunity. I also have an eye for improving efficiency, which I have accomplished with the Simply Writing Well Process too. Yes, writing can be fun and efficient!
Offering this writing workshop is a dream come true because it will enable others to bring their ideas into reality. It is the approach I have used throughout my education and business career to express either my ideas or the ideas and services of my clients.
As you may know, an idea is simply a thought and it remains a thought until it is captured in speech or writing. Creative thoughts and ideas are simply creations that often originate in the right side of the brain – the creative side. However, the structure required to fully express ideas often exists in the left side of the brain – the analytical side.
For the desired audience to understand the oral or written communication, they require that the thoughts and ideas be presented in an orderly fashion, using conventional mechanics for speech and writing. In addition, the presenter of the idea knows that they must have a true understanding of the audience receiving the idea. It must be delivered with true consideration for the audience’s frame of reference.
Without knowing the audience and fully developing the idea, the poorly developed ideas will fall flat with the audience. In other words, if the idea is not fully developed, then the expression is either empty, flounders aimlessly or is repetitively expressed with no real purpose.
Editing for excellent paragraph and sentence structure, vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and spelling cannot mask an incomplete idea or the lack of consideration for the audience. Regardless of how much time is spent editing, which is where most people spend their time, frustratingly, the listener or reader will feel cheated and frustrated for spending their time. So, what can be done?
Join Anne & Learn the Process…
- Learn a process that respects the way each side of the brain works.
- Learn a step-by-step way to devote your time so the creative process, the place where your idea and where your purpose for expressing your idea, exists.
- Learn how to have your ideas develop unencumbered and yet respectful of the deadline given for your written or verbal expression.
- Consciously choose the mechanics to use and reduce the time-consuming edit process.
- We all know we can truly do only one thing at a time, if we are to do it well. It takes focus.
- And our process will show you the steps needed to focus and fully develop the idea, as well as, how to focus and place the idea into a structure that will enhance the idea and the audience’s understanding.
- And it all can be done with respect to your deadlines and your pre-determined parameters.
Once you learn the steps and the process, it will stay with you. It will become the way you prepare for any future oral or written expression in the years ahead.